Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I drank the Kool-Aid...darn it

Ok, check the box. I have taken my kids to Disney. I had taken to calling it the "dreaded Disney trip". I was so stressed about it. All I could think about was how hard it would be. About the stroller, and the diapers and the crowds and the heat. And making the dinner reservations and etc, etc, etc. And I couldn't figure out what was so great about these parades at night. I grew up with Mardis Gras! Where they threw beads and coconuts! I gave myself a full blown fever blister outbreak over this trip. Not just one but a honking cluster of them all over my chin! I couldn't wait to just get it over with and come home and rest.



And....



I loved it. I had so much fun. More than my kids, I think. I wish I wouldn't have spent oh so much on it (did I mention we had to stay two more days due to Hurricane Ike?) so that I could start planning our return. See, all of those dinner reservations? Well those were for dinners that people COOKED FOR ME AND CLEANED UP AFTER ME. What a concept! I highly recomment the deluxe dining plan. Go for three full on sit down meals per day. Its so worth it.



Oh, and also. Here is another big tip: the Spirit of Ohana luau at the Polynesian is fantastic. There is something for everyone during that two hour show and dinner. Eye candy galore. Hula girls with booties a shakin, Tahitian slap dancers with oh so ripped abs, a fire dancer for excitement and here is the kicker. Bud light on tap included with your meal. Genius.



I'm still not sure about the parades, though. The beads would put them over the top. I should email Disney.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

glad you had fun on your trip. jennifer!!! your blog made me smile! i like your sass... thanks for the advice on the dresses - ay.

carrie pearson said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the magic kingdom - and I am so glad you are blogging!

Heather said...

Note to self: I must check out the luau. What you aren't sure about the parades??? Jennifer, I cried at one of the parades this last time. I'm not joking either. I think my kids thought I was going a little nuts.