Thursday, October 23, 2008

On deck


Since I'm finishing up Pope Joan soon for book club, I will allow myself another fluff book to compliment my new favorite show True Blood (HBO). Its just too weird to even describe, but of course I love it. Its all about naughty love with a Southern Gentleman Vampire (and I thought the Thorn Birds was naughty!) Anyway, I'm so hooked on the show, the music on the show and the whole story, I thought I would go backwards and read the book series upon which the show was based. I just have to get through this long-winded, depressing account of the fictionalized life of the Catholic Church's only woman pope (not that they acknowledge her at the Vatican) because dumb me had to suggest it for book club. The rebel soldier vampire will just have to wait...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm reading Middlemarch by George Elliot, and I have to admit I don't love it. What's wrong with me? :) Glad you found some good fluff.