Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Shack

I just read The Shack this weekend. I was a little hesitant because people fall into the hate it/love it category and I just was a little concerned about the disturbing nature of it (a seven year old girl is killed at the beginning). This book is a fictional account about that girl's father and his healing through conversations with God.

I was expecting The Secret part deux, or A New Earth wannabe. I was prepared to be offended. I wasn't. At all. In case anyone actually reads this, I can't discuss what I loved because I might give things away. I'm touched by this book. I'm changed by this book. I might even give this book as a gift to friend. Oh, and the book is fiction. It is not a course on theology.

I wonder what Oprah would think of this book. I guess we'll never know.

No comments: